300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
At our 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, our yoga school is fully accredited by the International Yoga Alliance. The world capital of yoga and the perfect destination is Rishikesh, which is located at the foothills of the Himalayas, India. There are some requirements you must fulfil before applying to our 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
- Date: 1st -28th Mar 2024
- Fee: $1900
- Language: English, Spanish
- Module: Residential with Meals
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Certification: Yoga Alliance
- Style: SMALL BATCHES
By choosing 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh with us, you will be accredited with an International Yoga Alliance Certificate.
- You must have completed a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh.
- You must be willing to adapt to the ashram lifestyle e.g., abstain from tobacco, alcohol, meats and drugs, attend a strict class schedule and requirements
- You must have a genuine desire to further your yoga education
- You must be physically and mentally capable to follow an intensive training
- 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh Course is suitable for all age groups and intermediate to advanced levels of fitness and understanding.
- If you have any medical conditions we would expect you to share the details with us well in advance so adequate measures could be taken accordingly.
The outline of the 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh Certification Course offered at Rishikesh Yogis Yogshala is merged into different subjects of yogic traditions. The pattern we follow for the 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh is that we start with a residential course for 28 days in Rishikesh, India to gain better understanding on how the teachers apply and design the experience with movement, bodywork, or other body-mind or movement-based practices. This also gives the participants an opportunity to review the materials, refresh your understanding, and deepen your experience as a yoga teacher. Underlying our teaching is the importance of experience and embodiment; It is only when we embody something, that becomes part of us.
The 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh course curriculum combines detailed alignment knowledge and intelligent sequencing with the embodied movements of yoga practises, also known as Meditative Vinyasa theory, to provide you with sound skills for teaching safe and effective yoga classes. Our teachers have spent over 20 years collectively investigating nearly every style of yoga, its practices, and associated philosophies. Their knowledge, combined with their approach to experiential education, creates a learning environment that is rich and multi-faceted.
Our 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh teachers teaching pedagogy has proven a great success in the studio method of teaching, including in 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, and has provided many teachers with a functional, embodied and innovative way of teaching. We help the students and teachers of Yoga find their voice and their own narration in the practice and teachings.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Join our comprehensive 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh at just $1600.
Core areas of study:
- Critical thinking and facilitation skills
- Pranayama, mantra & meditation
- Functional anatomy, Physiology and kinesiology
- Introduction to Embodied movements ,Hatha & Vinyasa Styles
- The art of sequencing strategies
- Creative and innovative teaching methodology
- Classroom management skills
- Alignments and adjustments
- Functional use of Yoga props (such as yoga chair and wall ropes)
- Understanding of women’s practice during the month of menstruation
- Practicum : practice teaching and sharing feedbacks
- Yoga philosophy and ethics
- Asana line drawings and teaching principles
- Leadership, Communication & group dynamics
Areas of Study:
- Teaching Methodology (for both “Hatha” & “Vinyasa Styles”)
- Myofascial Sling method movement warm ups
- Functional Anatomy & kinesiology for Yoga
- Innovative and Creative sequencing with Somatic ideas
- The art of teaching for all levels
- When and how to modify yoga poses
- Observing and understanding bodies
- How or whether to touch students and when to use adjustment
- Ethical with Anatomical reality Hands on (and off) adjustments
- Actions and alignment , how to construct effective verbal cues
- Functional use of props to enhance the natural movements of the body in Yoga Asanas
- Restorative Asanas as preparation to Rest , Recover and Resilience
- Breath Awareness leading to Yogic Pranayama Techniques like Brahmari , Ujjayi , Viloma , Nadi Shodhana, Kapala Bathi and Bastrika
- Applied Philosophy of Yoga and Non duality
- Yoga Sutra of Sage Patanjali leading to Non-Dual Meditation
Upcoming Events- 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
Fee And Schdeule
300 hour Yoga TTC in English & Spanish (1st -28th November 2023)
|Date From||Date To||Availability||Booking|
|1st March 2024||28th March 2024||7 Seats Left||Book now|
|Deluxe Single Room||USD 1900||Same For Indians|
|Single Room||USD 1800||INR 95,000|
|Triple/ Twin Sharing Room||USD 1600||INR 85,000|
Syllabus for 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
The syllabus we have crafted for 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh course, India is immersive and intensive for aspirants who want to delve deeper into the philosophy and practices of yoga. 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh course not only helps you understand the subject of yoga intellectually, but we intend to incorporate the principles of yogic philosophy in class teaching which eventually helps both teacher and students to evolve at physical, mental and spiritual levels. the nuances of class teachings based on yogic principles and discussions on philosophical topics help streamline the approach and, experiences of yogic practices
Dedicated Hours Of Teaching On Practical Techniques
There dedicated hours of teaching covering each aspect of the Yoga Teacher Training that covers Techniques, Training and Practice of yogic discipline during the course. The regular practice ensures that you grasp everything that we teach you in the program. The daily schedule starts with a morning practice of asanas and pranayama, late mornings philosophy talks, sessions on anatomy & physiology and the meditation sessions will helps you understand the power of our mind. There will be dedicated sessions for teaching methodology and alignment adjustment. The entire course is designed for the students to avail maximum benefit in regards to lessons taught , self-reflection, teaching methodology and even exploring the treasures of Rishikesh. Therefore, there are two sessions dedicated to our course for Asana (Hatha Yoga pose) and Pranayama (Breathing Technique) practices and, one session on meditation every day. In the morning session of Hatha Yoga, the focus of teaching will be on techniques of Traditional Hatha Yoga, Pranayama, Mudra (Yogic psycho-physical gestures), Bandha (psycho-energetic locks) and Shatkriyas (Cleansing techniques of Hatha Yoga) whereas, evening practical sessions will comprise of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Meditation classes.
Meditation from Dharana
When we are able to hold the mind in one place that is called concentration. The word Dharana is a Sanskrit word derived from the root dhri which represents ‘foundation’ or ‘base’ In the yogic tradition, Dharana belongs to the internal stages of raja yoga which is the path of mental and psychological discipline. Dharana follows the stage of pratyahara where the mind withdraws from the external objects and is embodied internally. The mind has the power to separate from the senses and go deeper to create its own world while the senses remain outside. Differentiation between sensory awareness and mental awareness needs time with practice. Once we are able to understand this distinction then the mind will be able to dwell in other deeper states where the Dharna becomes intense. The practice of deepening mental awareness could also be referred to as Dharana. The concept of Dharana is just not merely holding the thoughts running in our mind but bringing one’s awareness and consciousness to a state where the body’s and mind’s propensity are functioning together. The state of Dharana provides supreme relaxation, mental power, and a greater ability to concentrate. With regular practice and dedication, we become aware of our thoughts. With Dharana, we train our minds of understanding and deal with our surroundings. The greater our awareness the better will be our control of the distressing nature of our personality like anxiety, negative thoughts, fear, depression, emotions, and so forth.
Prana means ‘vital energy’ or ‘life force’. It is the force that exists in all things, whether consciously or unconsciously. Breath control could be generally referred to as Pranayama. Indeed, it is more subtle than air or oxygen, yet is closely related to the air we breathe. Pranayama must not be mistaken for simple breathing exercises targeted at increasing oxygen levels in the lungs as it is much more than that; it is getting together your conscious and sub-conscious mind while you breathe.
Transforming to a Yoga Teacher
This will guide you through the in and out of becoming a responsible and authentic yoga teachers. By encouraging interactive sessions and engaging of the students that involves the techniques, presentation, skills and awareness required to be a yoga teacher. As learning yoga demands immense amount of dedication and commitment same goes with teaching yoga. The one who aspires to teach yoga must follow and deliver the Yoga forms in its most authentic form. Becoming a Yoga Teacher allows to share and spread your knowledge with the whole world. We at Rishikesh Yogis Yogashala are committed to teach the traditional yogic practices only.
Knowing the Body
Under this category of our syllabus, there will be an in-depth discussion on the foundations of yogic philosophy which will entail the study of classical texts such as Patanjali Yoga Sutras. There are chapters dedicated on the tradition of Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga with reference to the system of Tantra Philosophy. There will be dedicated lessons on untouched but very important areas of Samkhya Philosophy which forms the metaphysical background of Patanjali Yoga-sutra.
Understanding the Human Body
One of the crucial subject to practice or teach yoga is to understand human body. Here we will be focusing on the concept of Yoga Anatomy and Physiology, inculcating the concept of Nadis, Chakras and Pranic Physiology. The yoga courses we offer includes in-depth sessions to make you familiar with human bodies. The understanding will help to relate and find the best asanas and practices suitable for different human bodies as we are all at different levels or sometimes with some heatlh conditions. The knowledge of human body push our limits to gain the maximum benefits with tailored practices.
Roots of Yoga Philosophy
Knowing and understanding is the philosophy of Yoga is equally important as one aspires to learn or teach yoga. This experiences enriches the knowledge of our yogic traditions. Getting into the roots of Yoga Philosophy we will know about Yoga Sutras of Patanjali in the view of Advaita Vedanta ( Non dualism) , Ashtanga Yoga of Patanjali and much more. Patanjali says that through systematic practice of certain techniques one can restrain the mental waves and reach a state of absorption in one’s own true Self called samadhi. Remaining in one’s true pure awareness, steady wisdom dawns that removes all attachment with mental modifications – the false identities of the ego and intellect.
Turning Knowledge into Action
The final segment involves your polished transformation aiming at refining the teaching skills of practitioners in real and live yoga classes. The classes will be conducted under the supervision of a dedicated teacher following a series of feedback, suggestions etc to help you transform in your best version. The course settles down with you taking sessions while improving yourself with guidance of the teachers and mentors. We conclude with a convocation ceremony that involves presenting certification to each of our students and heart whelming ceremony.
Journey with Rishikesh Yogis Yogshala
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh Course Curriculum
- This session incorporates practical training on traditional Hatha Yoga with a focus on asanas. In this session, students will learn the techniques of various classical asanas chosen from Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Gherand Samhita.
- Vinyasa style of practicing asana in the class.
- Students of the course will learn the technique of practicing asana with physical as well as chakra awareness in the class.
- Students will be learning asanas from various groups such as- 1. Pawanmuktasana series as taught in Bihar school of Yoga, 2. Vajrasana group of asana, 3. Standing asana, 4. Backward bending asana, 5. Forward bending asana, 6. Twisting series of asana, 7. Inverted series of asana, 8. Balancing series of asana 9. Surya and Chandra Namaskar with Mantra and Chakra awareness, 10. Vinyasa Flow style of the practice session.
- There are 20 Hours given for non-contact hours. During these times students will be practicing their personal sadhana and will also be journaling and noting down their personal experiences of asana on the physical, mental and pranic levels. In terms of both personal practice and ability in this course, students will attempt each asana as sadhana practice which will be focusing on perfecting each asana while staying longer in the pose.
- In this training, students will deepen their understanding of each asana taught with their focused awareness on not just the physical body but also on targeted chakras with an awareness of breath and prana.
- Introducing the concept of Kriya
- Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shatkriya SessionTopicsPranayama SessionThis session on Traditional techniques of Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shatkriya sessions will constitute learning sessions on various pranayama techniques chosen from-
- Activating e.g. Bhastrika, Kapalbhati, Swan Pranayama, Agnisara kriya
- Cooling e.g. Sheetali, Sheetkari
- Balancing e.g. Nadi Shodhana with different ratio of Puraka, Rechaka and Kumbhaka and
- Tranquilizing category e.g. Bhramari, Ujjayi. Students will also learn to practice advanced pranayama in conjunction with energy locks (bandha) and mudras.
In the mudra section, we will be teaching practical techniques of Yoga Mudras chosen from five major categories-
- Hand Mudra e.g. Chin Mudra, Gyana Mudra, Hridaya Mudra, Yoni Mudra, Bhairava Mudra
- Head Mudra e.g. Shambhavi, Nasikagra Drishti or Aghochari mudra, Bhoochari Mudra, Khechari mudra, Akashi Mudra
- Postural Mudra e.g. Vipreet Karani Mudra, Prana Mudra, Yoga Mudra
- Bandha Mudra (Lock Mudra) e.g Maha Mudra
- Adhara Mudra (Perineal Mudra) e.g. Ashwini mudra, Vazroli, and Sahjoli mudra
In the Bandha practice, they will learn and practice the techniques of 4 bandhas-
- Jalandhar Bandha
- Uddiyana Bandha
- Mula Bandha
- Maha Bandhas
These bandhas will be taught in conjunction with pranayama techniques.
Every weekend will be dedicated for learning and practicing the techniques of different Shatkriyas such as Jal Neti, Neti with Catheter, Kunjal, Laghu Shankhaprakshalana (Intestinal wash) along with Nauli, Kapalbhati, and Trataka.
Practical Meditation Session
In this practical meditation session, students will learn the techniques of practicing different meditation techniques sourced from Tantras and Upanishads.
The different meditation techniques taught during the course are
- Yoga Nidra
- Prana Nidra
- Ajapa Japa Dharana in Spiral Psychic Passage
- Chakra Shuddhi
- Ajna Chakra Dharana
- Tattva Dharana on symbols and expressions of Tattvas
- Tattva Shuddhi
- Trataka on candle and Yantras.
In the session, there will be the following topics-
- Trika theory of Kashmir Shaivism
- Samadhi and Sadhana Pada in Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Kundalini perspective in Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Yoga Psychology- Concept of Mind and Consciousness in Yoga Philosophy, Chitta Bhumi- Five planes of Mind, Mind management as per Gita
The session will cover study on anatomy and physiology of various Human systems and organs in relation to yogic practices. The topics taught in the session goes beyond our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and will entail conversation on topics such as injury prevention in yoga class, the role of kundalini kriyas, advance pranayama with bandha and mudras on yogic physiology as well as physical organs, glands, and systems. In these sessions effects of each asana on various muscles, joints and organs will be discussed, the influence of key meditation techniques on the autonomic nervous system, as taught during the course. These talks will also entail the prevention of injuries in Yoga class considering the effects of asanas on different organs and musculoskeletal systems. Similarly, teachings will be imparted on topics such as Pranayama, Bandhas, Mudras and kundalini kriyas involving the above aspects of traditional Hatha Yoga and their effects on various nerve plexus and chakra system. Study of Mudras will also entail their influence on brain centers leading to meditative awareness and influencing the Yogic physiology such as there will be teachings on different mudras and their influence on different tattvas and prana vayus. Conversation on Meditation will entail sessions on the role of meditation in altering the states of awareness and consciousness and its effects on the nervous system and brain waves with supported studies. There will be dedicated sessions on Effects of various pranayama techniques on the autonomic nervous system and psycho-physical states in an individual, and also effects of various shatkriyas on human organs and systems, precautions and influence on pranic systems.
In non-contact hours students will be given a task to prepare the chart on the influence of 10 key asanas chosen from different groups such as 1. COBRA POSE 2. WARRIOR-A 3. TRIANGLE POSE 4. TWISTING TRIANGLE 5. HEAD TO THE KNEE 6. BACK STRETCHING POSE 7. SHOULDER STAND 8. PLOUGH POSE 9. SPIRALED HEAD TO KNEE POSE 10. HALF MOON POSE on the various key muscles in the body with the key precautions, contraindications, and benefits of these asanas. All these topics taught here will be beyond our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and are more advanced in nature.
Sessions of Teaching methodology will entail discussions on topics such as lesson planning for specific groups such as-
Injury Management and Master Class on Iyengar Alignment sessions by highly qualified and direct disciple of BKS Iyengar:
- Yoga for seniors and back management in yoga class
- How to conduct classes in a safe environment, how to create a safe and trusting environment in the classes
- Professional and yogic ethics for yoga teachers.
- Trauma Sensitive Class
- Curing the issue of Flat Feet
- Session on Ankle Joint Adjustment to prevent foot injuries
- Management of Knee Ligament injuries
- Lumbar corrections through principles and methods of alignment
- Management of Cervical Alignment
- These sessions will enable the participants to incorporate all the different principles of a safe yoga class.
- Yoga Classes for a specific group such as Trauma-sensitive class will help participants learn how to create a very safe, sensitive and empowering class for people with traumatic past. Programs include practical techniques and relevant philosophical principles which resonate with their life processes and restructuring the cognitive perspective or vision of life.
- Yoga for seniors will allow participants get familiar with the issues and problems of seniors, their physical, mental and emotional needs and ways to present and teach yoga classes in a very safe manner and how to make the program accessible to them without causing injuries.
- Yoga for back management will help participants learn and know about various back related issues, their nature, precautions and how to avoid back injuries in yoga classes.
- Under professional and yogic ethics participants will be knowing the importance of personal sadhana, the practice of Yama and Niyama in yoga teaching, knowing how to limit oneself within one’s own teaching boundaries without intervening other areas of specialty, learning how to create a trusting and safe yogic environment for the participants.
When we are able to hold the mind in one place that is called concentration. The word Dharana is a Sanskrit word derived from the root dhri which represents ‘foundation’ or ‘base’. In the yogic tradition, Dharana belongs to the internal stages of raja yoga which is the path of mental and psychological discipline. Dharana follows the stage of pratyahara where the mind withdraws from the external objects and is embodied internally.
The mind has the power to separate from the senses and go deeper to create its own world while the senses remain outside. Differentiation between sensory awareness and mental awareness needs time with practice. Once we are able to understand this distinction then the mind will be able to dwell in other deeper states where the Dharna becomes intense. The practice of deepening mental awareness could also be referred to as Dharana.
The concept of Dharana is just not merely holding the thoughts running in our mind but bringing one’s awareness and consciousness to a state where the body’s and mind’s propensity are functioning together. The state of Dharana provides supreme relaxation, mental power, and a greater ability to concentrate. With regular practice and dedication, we become aware of our thoughts. With Dharana, we train our minds of understanding and deal with our surroundings. The greater our awareness the better will be our control of the distressing nature of our personality like anxiety, negative thoughts, fear, depression, emotions, and so forth.
Practices Taught in Our 200 Hours Yoga TTC:-
Yoga Nidra (Deep Relaxation technique),
Kaya Sthairyam(Body Stillness),
Ajapa Japa (Meditation on Spontaneous sound),
Chakra shuddhi (Meditation on energy Centers),
Antar Mouna (Inner Silence),
Chidakash Dharana(Conscious Head Space)
- Understanding of Antaranga yoga (internal practice of yoga)
- Yoga Nidra (Art of Relaxation)
- Meditation on concentration and withdrawal of senses
- Kaya Sthairyam
1. How to sequence a progressive class dynamic and restorative
2. Teaching Methodology
Beginning a Class
Demonstration of Asanas in Class
3. Teaching Principles
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
A typical day in 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh Course comprises of various elements – practical sessions and theory workshops every day. Every day, you will get opportunity to immerse yourself in three practice sessions and three theory workshops. Each of these sessions will equip you with the knowledge and understanding of various facets of yogic wisdom.
Food served at lunch is pure vegetarian, ‘sattvik’, vitalizing, wholesome and nutritious. The food prepared in our kitchen includes most vegetables, ghee (clarified butter), fruits, legumes, and whole grains. These are ingredients that enhance clarity and lightness, keeping the body light and nourished and, the mind clear. Time to time during the course, we change the nature of the food according to the yoga practices you perform.
This class is a potent alignment-oriented class that emphasizes the forms and actions within yoga postures. Traditional postures (asanas) are held in accurate alignment. Emphasis is placed on core strength, flexibility, and balance as well as concentration and breath control. This class is based on physical postures (asanas), deep breathing, mindfulness and listening to the body.
During your stay with us at our Ashram, we encourage you to maintain a spiritual journal/ diary. During intensive yoga study which is based on following complete yogic regimen; an inner transformation ensues. Maintaining a record of each and every change you go through, helps to make this journey more mindful, insightful and transformative.
AT RISHIKESH YOGIS YOGSHALA, INDIA
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh Course Outcome
- Become a Yoga Alliance certified yoga practitioner and teacher.
- Get enriched with the contents of intensive modules of class teachings based on Yoga Alliance recommended curriculum.
- Equip yourself with the skills of practical Hatha Yoga class teaching and most traditional meditation techniques taught by a highly experienced team of teachers.
- Become proficient in teaching meditations techniques such as Yoga Nidra, Ajapa Japa, Antar Mouna, Chakra Shuddhi, Chidakasha Dharana, Trataka and many more.
- Experience a complete balance restoration and upheaval of the mind, body, soul.
- Continuous post-course teaching related assistance from our team of esteemed teachers.
- Getting equipped with ageless authentic scripture based practical as well as philosophical teachings from internationally renowned teachers in Rishikesh.
Additional Activities or Excrusions include in 300 hour yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh
Walk to the Holy Ganges for Outdoor Meditation. Rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit in blessed water of the river.
Attending Ganga Aarti (beautiful and uplifting fire ceremony) at the bank of the river.
Engage yourself with guided excursions to sites of historical and yogic significance in the town (Rishikesh walks!)
Visiting ancient meditation cave to experience its uplifting vibes!
Accomodation and Food provided in Rishikesh Yogis Yogshala during the 300 hour Yoga teacher training Course in Rishikesh
Freuently Ask Questions
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh course is the basic to intermediate level. The course is done wisely it will help you to build a strong foundation for the future and a step forward to your journey. Yes, you may start teaching, however, the exceptional feature comes with dedicated practice and years of experience. Rishikesh Yogis Yogashala`s team of teachers have intricately designed the curriculum of the 200-hour TTC that covers yoga philosophy, meditation, yogic anatomy, pranayama, yoga adjustments alignment, teaching methodology. The students are offered to take a class to explore and experience the concepts of teaching yoga and transform into a classic yoga teacher. Sessions are conducted on different themes and on different variations, for different age groups, for people having physical limitations. We stay connected with our students even after the completion of the course incase of any guidance needed.